Сводка информации о Squaw Valley
10 pm 20 Aug 2017по местному времени Прогноз погоды в Squaw Valley на высоте m altitude выпущен:
Use the buttons below to tell us…
Сводка информации о Squaw Valley
- акров, предназначенных для катания (1 акр = 0,405 гектара):4000
- Снежные пушки:10%
- Парк для трюков:2
- Кросс-кантри:16 km
- Для начинающих25%
- Средний уровень45%
- Для продвинутых30%
Squaw Valley in the USA, is the site of the VIII Winter Olympic Games held in 1960. Squaw Valley is one of the most legendary and sought after vacation destinations for those who love winter sports. This is one of America's premiere destination ski resorts and no skier or rider will ever be bored on the seemingly endless terrain, spanning 4,000 skiable acres. Guests will also delight in Squaw Valley as it has a stylish pedestrian village. The buildings and their carefully connected walkways add the warm and inviting ambiance of a European style mountain village with new restaurants, shops and experiences to share with friends and families. Squaw Valley has invested heavily in environmental improvements: a day use locker room, grooming equipment, terrain park enhancements and expanded beginner terrain. Ski in/out condo-hotel luxury accommodations are available. 40 hotels are within 8 miles of Squaw Valley. Overnight facilities are in Tahoe City, 6 miles away and Truckee,9 miles. RVs are welcome at the resort but there are no hookups.
- Ближайшие аэропорты:Reno
- Ближайшая ж/д станция:Truckee
- телефон для информации:+5305836955
- Страница информации о курорте:www.squaw.com
- Жилье на склоне:да
Latest Snow Reportview full snow report
- Issued:21 Aug
- Last Snowfall:
- Snow Depth (upper):–
- Snow Depth (lower):–
Today’s Weather (2308 m)view full snow forecast
Squaw Valley Location Maps
Visitor Reviews of Squaw Valley
Rehntier from United States writes:
No question that Lake Tahoe has a lot going for it. Northern Lake Tahoe is beautiful, has a laid back vibe and, sporadically, gets epic snowfall (although, be warned, you can also go weeks or even months without a snowflake plus fresh snow turns to concrete pretty quickly here).
Squaw, unfortunately, is way overhyped and overpriced. While it definitely has some steep terrain, anyone who calls this a "big mountain" hasn't skied a big mountain:
- the overall ski area feels pretty small: small compared to Vail and downright tiny compared to most important European ski resorts.
- while some runs and chutes are definitely steep and expert-only, the vertical is way too low to make for a true Alpine feel: Yes, you can jump a cliff, but a "big mountain" to a free rider means 5,000 vertical, hidden itineraries, glaciers... Of course, we all know Squaw doesn't have any of this but what is it with all the hype?
- the lift system is incredibly outdated, there can be bad lift lines and the lift ticket pricing is outrageous! I haven't checked recently but am pretty sure you can ski Zermatt or Chamonix at a cheaper daily rate than Squaw Valley!
Tahoe at its best is beautiful, laid back and non-pretentious. Alpine Meadows used to be a great example: a small area, yes, but a great vibe, beautiful vistas, even an outdoor grill in the back bowl to soak in the sun rays between powder runs. Squaw, on the other hand, sacrificed some of those qualities in a misguided and unsuccessful effort to hype itself as more than it can ever be.
All this said: Skiing in California is a LOT of fun!